Well it’s not long now till the big day arrives, so I thought I’d do a quick run down of what’s new in the world of wargaming miniatures. Some of the following are on my wish list for the festive season.
1. First up are the exquisite new plastic War of the Roses foot infantry from Perry Miniatures. These minis are absolutely amazing, nicely sculpted and you get a whopping 48 in a box for £15, a bargain. These are on my wish list, and will be used as part of a medieval army and as infantry in a Brettonian army for Warhammer Fantasy Battles.
2. Black Powder a new rule set from Warlord Games, this looks really interesting, in the fact that its one rule book that cover a period of history that you’d normally require several rule books to game in. This set of rules can be used to play Napoleonic battles, run games in AWI and the American Civil War, as well late Victorian battles and skirmishes.
3. Wargames Factory have produced some of their best work, in fact it is their best work, with the release of Vikings in plastic, and they look amazing. I’m now really tempted to build and paint a Viking horde in 28mm, especially now that Gripping Beast have resin ships. These plastic vikings are well sculpted, dynamically posed and you get 24 to a set, with a range of different weapons to tool your rampaging horde with.
4. The undead from Mantic, currently avaliable through pre-order, look really nice. Irregular Magazine were sent some of the Elves for review, and
4. 2009 Christmas Special by Too Fat Lardies, this is a 123 page bumper packed PDF for £5, which contains a a bumper packed book full of articles on a wide variety of wargaming subjects. Which includes pulp action, articles on gaming in AWI, WW2 and ACW to name a few. Well worth purchasing for a good xmas read.